Toggle Mobile

Planner I

Missoula Co Planning, Development & Sustainability
This is an entry level position focused on current planning work. Rate of pay: $24.83-$28.10 DOQ Representative examples of work: Assists in preparation and coordination of community planning and/or development review projects, such as subdivision and rezoning applications and administration of land use policies and codes. Issues procedural information to the public; offers interpretations of plans or regulations; and works towards resolution of conflicts. Prepares ordinances, resolutions, project narratives, maps or other visual aides, and project evaluations for review and approval by senior staff. Evaluates building and development permit applications for compliance with County land use and development regulations and approves permits when appropriate. Conducts inspections for code compliance. Investigates and resolves violations of County land use and development regulations. Stays informed of local, state and federal legislation and current issues in community planning and development. Conducts field investigations and research, compiles data and prepares technical reports for community planning and development. Prepares oral and written presentations and attends group meetings relative to community planning and development projects. Analyzes information and makes recommendations. Interfaces directly with the public, communicating complex and technical information. Provides staff support to governing bodies and citizen boards as directed, including making presentations, scheduling, preparing agendas, preparing meeting sites and materials, and answering inquiries from members. Serves as a resource to other staff members on specific issues. Minimum Qualifications: Requires a Bachelor's degree. Degrees best suited for this position include planning, urban studies, environmental science, and geography. Four years additional, related experience may substitute for a Bachelor’s degree. Requires one year of planning experience or comparable experience involving permitting, technical review, report writing, or community development. Go to the website for the full posting and information about how to apply.